LG V40 will surprise you. Beautiful, powerful smartphone, DID YOU KNOW? LG smartphones had some features, long before the competition?
LG V40 – The beautiful and powerful smartphone. Did you know that LG smartphones had some features, which other companies present as new, “fresh thing”? The company did not give their best in letting users know this fact I post further in this post. V40 runs Android 8.1 Oreo with LG user interface, but of course, update to Android P can be expected. This smartphone is well built. Combination of an aluminum and Gorilla Glass 5 on front and rear are beautiful.
To protect the hardware, LG V40 is IP68 dust and water resistant. Camera array is really nice and placed beautifully. 3 cameras at the back include 12MP camera with f/1.5 aperture that is just beautiful, 78-degree FOV lens and Ultra wide-angle, 16MBP camera with f/1.9 aperture. Telephoto is 12MP with f/2.4 aperture, 2x zoom, 47-degree FOV, 50mm equivalent focal length. If you like taking selfies, LG V40 did not forget about you as well. Combination of two front-facing cameras comes with one 8MP, 80° FOV f/1.9 aperture primary selfie cam, and second, 5 megapixels 90° lens with f/2.2 aperture.
LG is the pioneer in ultra wide angle smartphone cameras while LG V40 is the first phone with 5 cameras.
Octa-core CPU is a combination of four 2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold and four 1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver. Graphics will be displayed on a lovely 6.4-inch QHD screen with the help of Adreno 630 graphics processor unit. There is sufficient 6GB of memory, that will be able, together with octa-core CPU, to handle any workload. All this is powered by 3,300mAh Lithium Polymer battery, with Quick Charge 3.0 and Qi wireless charging available. Full battery charge is achieved in about 2h.
For beautiful music listening experience, there is (yes, still there) 3.5mm handphone jack with Hi-Fi Quad 32-bit DAC. How cool is that? We’ve seen (heard) it on V30.
LG V40 ThinQ specs
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845: octa-core CPU (4×2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 630 GPU.
- Body: Aluminum, Gorilla Glass 5 on front and rear, IP68 dust and water resistance.
- Screen: 6.4-inch, QHD+ FullVision OLED,19.5:9, 537ppi
- Camera: BACK – 12MP, f/1.5 aperture, 78-degree ; Ultra wide-angle: 16MP; f/1.9 aperture, 107-degree FOV lens, 16mm equiv. focal length, fixed focus. Telephoto: 12MP; f/2.4 aperture, 47-degree FOV, 50mm equiv. focal length, 2x zoom, PDAF. FRONT (Selfie) Primary: 8MP, f/1.9 aperture, 80-degree FOV lens; Secondary: 5MP, f/2.2 aperture, 90-degree FOV lens.
- Memory: 6GB of RAM; 64GB storage; microSD slot.
- Battery: 3,300mAh Lithium Polymer (sealed); Quick Charge 3.0/Power Delivery fast charging; Qi fast wireless charging.
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, LTE-A, (1Gbps/150Mbps); USB Type-C; Bluetooth 5.0
- Misc: FM radio, Fingerprint reader, Hi-Fi Quad DAC, 3.5mm headphone jack, 2 mics